Joseph Kendrick obtained the first license of the Royal Mail Hotel (now the Tingalpa Hotel) in 1870. It is presumed that he built the hotel. There have been many owners and renovations but the hotel still trades on the original site today. After the opening of the railway to Cleveland in 1889 mail and transport would have decreased which would have affected the takings of the roadside hotels. A Cobb & Co. coach was placed outside the hotel in 2011 to signify the route but sadly burnt down. The hotel has essentially seen the evolution of Brisbane and sits on land filled with 150 years of history.